Aerospace Medical Certification: FAA Pro Pilot
Student Health Services provides FAA pilot medical exams for MTSU Aerospace students and faculty. Dr. Eric Clark, Dr. Aruna Shah and Dr. Devi Newcomb are FAA certified to perform the physicals. The physicals will be available by appointment only; you cannot webbook your appointment. Pricing inquiries can be made when you call to book your appointment.
Requirements for FAA Pilot Physicals
- Must be a MTSU student or faculty member of the Aerospace Department.
- Must meet FAA qualifications for certificate class requesting.
- Must bring valid photo identification.
- Must be prepared to give urine sample during exam.
- Requested that previous FAA license be brought to the exam.
- Requested that current and previous FAA exam/history be brought to the exam plus confirmation number.
- Must know total number of hours flown and number of hours flown in the last six months.
Scheduling a FAA Pilot Physical
- Must schedule an appointment by phone or in person.
- Prior to appointment, complete an FAA medical certificate application using the MedXPress website.
- Go to the MedXPress website and Request an Account.
- Check email for account information and assigned password.
- Login to the MedXPress website with assigned password.
- After medical history has been submitted, you will be given a confirmation number. You must bring with you to your appointment your confirmation number, printed completed 8500-8 application and valid picture ID. We are unable to perform your physical without this information.
- If you have a disability rating letter from social security, the department of veteran’s
affairs, or another institution, please bring the documentation to your medical examination
for review and submission to the FAA.
FALL & SPRING
MON - WED
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m
SUMMER & SEMESTER BREAKS
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
615-904-8402 (women's health)