IGNITE Your Career With Professional Development
IGNITE is a professional development program designed to increase awareness of career preparation issues, develop knowledge and skills to navigate the process of landing a professional entry level job, and instill confidence to compete for jobs in your chosen field.
All Jones College of Business majors (ACTG, BUAD, BUED, CIS, ECON, ENTR, FIN, MGMT, MKTG) are eligible to receive all benefits of taking part in the program. All students are welcome to attend IGNITE events unless noted otherwise but only College of Business majors are recognized for completing the program
How does IGNITE work?
Attend any IGNITE events that would be beneficial to you or that spark your interest. (Registration is required where noted on schedule. e.g. Etiquette Dinner) To get the most from the program, it is recommended that you complete at least one activity in each category (Workshops, Career Development, Business Engagement, and Leadership & Involvement). To earn a certificate of completion, eligible students will:
- Complete an application to IGNITE and be a member of the IGNITE program for a minimum of two semesters.
- Earn at least 100 points through designated events and activities.
- Submit a reflective report during your graduating semester of your experiences in IGNITE (due October 31 for December graduates or March 31 for May and August graduates).
To earn points (or extra credit from your professor*), you must:
Arrive on time - Late entry is unprofessional and discourteous
Stay for the entire event, whether it is in person or online.
For all events, attendance will be taken via QR code/Microsoft Forms link.
For virtual events, please use your real name and MTSU email address.
*not all professors offer extra credit for attending IGNITE events.
Please check your syllabus for this information.
How do I begin to IGNITE my career?
Sign up for IGNITE in the Department of Management office (BAS N121) or contact:
- Dr. Jill Austin in BAS N121
- Dr. Randy Clark in BAS N116
- Dr. Daniel Morrell in BAS N134
- Ms. Jean Wilson in BAS N140
- Dr. Don Roy in BAS N459
- Dr. Raj Srivastava in BAS N450
Earning IGNITE Certificate Points
The categories and a sampling of events with their point values are listed below.
(10 points each*)
|Career Development||Business Engagement||Leadership & Involvement|