About The Center for Student Involvement and Leadership (CSIL)
The Center for Student Involvement and Leadership, which includes Fraternity & Sorority Life, June Anderson Center for Women & Nontraditional Students, Student Government Association, Student Organizations & Service, and Intercultural & Diversity Affairs helps students achieve their goals through the provision of high-quality support services and comprehensive programs that stimulate, enhance, and extend student learning; empowering Middle Tennessee State University graduates to become active, engaged citizen leaders in Tennessee and throughout the world.
The Center for Student Involvement and Leadership, through a commitment to innovation and synergy, fosters an inclusive community that empowers students to discover and pursue their passions.
The Center for Student Involvement and Leadership exists to further the university's educational mission by equipping students with the skills and confidence needed to become leaders in their chosen fields through involvement in a variety of out of the classroom activities on and off the MTSU campus. We seek to accomplish this mission by:
- Providing opportunities for students to become engaged in activities outside of the classroom;
- Creating a campus environment in which students feel empowered to impact their educational experiences;
- Initiating partnerships within the university community that will provide for experiential learning opportunities for students; and
- Providing training that will help students find their strengths as leaders and providing
opportunities for them to use those strengths within the university community.
In accomplishing these objectives, we will adhere to the following Core Values:
- Inclusive Community - create an environment that allows the diverse members of the University community to live openly with civility and mutual respect, and where diverse opinions are fostered and cultivated.
- Empowerment - provide experiences that equip students with the necessary tools, information, confidence, and motivation to succeed, and provide opportunities to use those skills to experience success through meaningful change.
- Discovery/Learning - create opportunities and experiences for learning beyond the classroom that encourages growth, exploration, development, and lifelong learning.
- Service - create opportunities and experiences that foster a lifelong commitment to service as a catalyst for change.
- Challenge - create opportunities and experiences that engage the University community to consider what could be, by encouraging them to think outside the box.
- Balance - create an environment to encourage healthy lifestyle choices in response to daily challenges and competing priorities.