Student Activities and Events
B.E.S.T. Career & Internship Fair 2022
(Business Exchange for Student Talent)
Tuesday, March 1, 2022 // 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Location: Student Union Ballroom
- Meet employers seeking College of Business majors for professional positions and internships. All Jones College of Business majors are invited to attend! Click here for Career Fair companies and room map.
- This is a structured career fair. The schedule is listed here: Career Fair Schedule
- Free Professional Portraits (Head Shots) for students from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. Digital photos suitable for online use.
- The following are recommended:
- Professional attire (business formal)
- Notebook and pen
Business Plan Competition 2022
Supply Chain Management Summit
March 22, 2022 9 am to 2 pm Student Union Parliamentary Room
Be a part of the First Annual Supply Chain Management Summit and hear from industry representatives as they lead in-depth discussions on a variety of relevant supply chain issues. Keynote speaker: Nathan Swartz. Mr Swartz is a retired U.S. Army Colonel with 24 years of experience as an Army Logistics Officer whose last military assignment was working as Chief of Staff for the White House COVID-19 Supply Chain Task Force. This event is sponsored by the MTSU Supply Chain Managment student organization.
- Big Data Analytics and Supply Chains
- Robotics, IT, and Automation
- Building Resilience and Diversity in the Supply Base
- Pandemic Impact on JIT and Sourcing Strategies
- Environmental Sustainability and Social Consciousness in Supply Chains
- Internships and Hiring in Supply Chains
This career development program was created for students to improve their interviewing skills, to provide networking opportunities, and to connect students with potential employers. IGNITE was originally conceived for majors in the Department of Management and the Department of Marketing, but it has been expanded to include all departments and majors in the Jones College of Business (JCOB). JCOB majors can earn a certification while completing career development activities. For details and a complete schedule of IGNITE events, visit our IGNITE webpage.
Institute of Leadership of Excellence
The Institute of Leadership Excellence is a leadership development course for undergraduate students. This unique immersion experience is held during the May S1 term. For more information, visit the ILE webpage.
One-on-One Resume Sessions
Appointments are available during the fall and spring semesters in BAS N140. Appointment is required; Contact Ms. Jean Wilson at Jean.Wilson@mtsu.edu to schedule an appointment.
Supply Chain Management Student Group
Students interested in Supply Chain Management are welcome. Meeting times vary. Contact Dr. Richard Tarpey at Richard.Tarpey@mtsu.edu.