Bike Registration and Regulations
All Bicycle registrations are handled through Parking Services. For more information, please contact them at 615-898-2850 or visit them online.
- Secure bicycle only on MTSU provided racks.
- Please do not ride through cultivated or flowered areas.
- Placing or attaching a bicycle or any other devise which alters a building’s design for ingress/egress is a direct violation of MTSU policy.
- Do not secure your bicycle to or in handicap ramps.
- Ride with the flow of traffic.
- Ride on the right hand side of the roadway
- Use hand signals and turn signals accordingly.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- After dark, use proper equipment to keep you and your bike illuminated.
- Do not ride on sidewalks with a large pedestrian presence.
- Do not ride in University buildings.
- Wear a Helmet!
- Use a quality bicycle lock. We recommend using a "U" lock. Lock through the bike’s frame and wheels if possible.
- Keep the sales receipt and serial number in a safe place.
- Park in a well-traveled, well-lit area; report all suspicious activity.
- Report all thefts or attempts immediately.
- Register your bike with MTSU Parking Services (898-2850).
- Etch a prominent ID in several different locations; record it.
- Remove front wheel when leaving bike if chain or lock is too short.
- Put name and address in handlebars, then put grips back on.
- Paint portions in odd colors (inside bars, under bottom bracket).
- A color photograph showing ID locations can be useful.
- Report suspicious persons cruising or surveying bike areas; get their license number.
- Engrave serial number on all accessories including wheel rims, handlebars, etc.