Faculty Grants and Awards Announcements and Guidelines
Internal Faculty Grants
All internal faculty grants are designed to promote faculty development. They are classified below by focus.
Research and Creative Activity
- Faculty Research and Creative Activity (MT-IGO) (Office of Research and Sponsored Programs)
- Grant Matching Funds (Office of Research and Sponsored Programs)
- Non-Instructional Assignment (NIA) (Provost’s Office)
- Undergraduate Research Experience and Creative Activity (URECA) (Office of Research and Sponsored Programs)
- Special Projects (MTSU Development and Foundation Office)
- Faculty Professional Development Travel Grant (Provost’s Office)
Other / Miscellaneous
- Clean Energy Fee (Student Government Association)
- Diversity (Institutional Equity and Compliance)
- Digital Seed Grant for Research/Creative Activity, Teaching, or Service (Walker Library)
- Curriculum Redesign for Accessibility (Walker Library)
External Grants for Faculty
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs maintains a subscription to a comprehensive funding opportunity search engine, Grant Forward. Faculty and administrators are encouraged to create a user profile at GrantFoward and sign up for email notifications of opportunities aligned with your research, service and instructional interests.
Internal Faculty Awards
- Career Achievement (Office of the University Provost)
- Distinguished Creative Activity (Office of Research and Sponsored Programs)
- Distinguished Research (Office of Research and Sponsored Programs)
- General Education (Office of General Education-Dr. Susan Myers-Shirk)
- Outstanding Teaching (Office of the University Provost)
- Public Service (University College)
- Outstanding Achievement in Instructional Technology (Information Technology)
External Faculty Awards
Fulbright Scholar Program
The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program more than 400 different opportunities to teach, research and conduct professional projects in over 135 countries. Opportunities are available for higher education faculty and administrators as well as for professionals outside of academia, artists, journalists, scientists, and independent scholars.
Dr. Jamie Burris is MTSU’s Fulbright Liaison. She can be reached at 615-494-7669 or Jamie.Burriss@mtsu.edu.
Harold Love Outstanding Community Service Award
The Harold Love Outstanding Community Service Award, administered by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission, recognizes dedicated public service by individuals in higher education. Nominees can be students or faculty/staff at any higher education institution in Tennessee. Dr. Cheryl Torsney is the MTSU contact for the award. She can be reached at 615-898-2329 or Cheryl.Torsney@mtsu.edu.
Having trouble viewing or using fillable forms? See instructions here.