Strategic Priority 2
Eliminate achievement gaps and increase the diversity of faculty and staff.
- Student Success check-ins were sent to professors of African American freshmen twice during Spring 2022.
- The Black Faculty and Staff Association (BFSA) has been re-established.
- Dr. Monica Smith hired as Assistant to the President for Inclusion and Community Engagement.
- Three Diversity Dissertation Fellows were hired.
- The College of Education’s Center for Fairness, Justice, and Equity has been established.
- “Man Up Teacher Fellowship” (MUTF) has begun efforts.
|Co-Chair: Vacant||Office of Student Success|
|Co-Chair: Eric Oslund||College of Education|
|Matthew Duncan||University Studies|
|Andrienne Friedli||College of Basic and Applied Sciences|
|Jimmy Mumford||Art and Design, CLA|
|Julie Myatt||MT Engage; CLA|
|Mary Ellen Sloane||Walker Library|
|Monica Smith||Community Engagement|
|Michelle Stevens||College of Education|
|Chandra Story||College of Behavioral and Health Sciences|
|Cornelia Wills||Office of Student Success|
|Sam Zaza||Jones College of Business|