Scholars Week - Poster Guidelines and Set-up Information
Please adhere to standard poster dimensions of 36" tall x 48" wide (horizontal orientation).
How to check the dimensions or resize your poster:
- If you are using a PowerPoint template, make sure that the slide size is 36” by 48”. (PowerPoint -> Design tab -> Slide size on the top right -> Customize size)
- Save poster as a PDF file. To double-check the dimensions of the pdf file, go to (File -> properties, look at ‘Page Size’ under Advanced)
Selecting a Poster Template + Design
- PosterPresentations.com 40+ templates with step-by-step instructions and quick tutorials to guide you through the poster design process.
- MTSU graphics PowerPoint poster templates
See examples of winning poster designs!
Need help? Attend a workshop!
Are you getting ready to design a research poster for a class or academic conference or event? Check the URC Events webpage for workshop opportunities.
What to include in your poster:
Title of your research
Your name, co-author(s) name, mentor(s) name
To learn more about what to include in your poster, check out this helpful article about Poster Basics!
All poster presented on campus or at local, regional, or national conferences must
include the MTSU logo. URECA students must recognize URECA in the acknowledgment
section of the poster include the URECA logo.
Download logos here:
If you are feeling particularly creative and/or would like to keep your poster design
simple, there is a new, more accessible poster design that we encourage you to try.
It takes less time to design, quickly peaks the viewers interest, features less words,
gives the viewer access to a QR code (which links to more information about your project),
and transfers knowledge more quickly and efficiently.
Free QR Code Generator
- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs provides this service free of charge.
- Blue Print Solutions in the Student Union Building. If you are unable to secure a printing time through the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, click here for instructions to get your poster printed through Blue Print. If you submit your poster directly to Blue Print you are responsable for the cost.
- University Computer Lab at BAS; walk-in self-service with limited technical support.
- Library Technology Services Desk
- Biology (for Biology students only)
If presenting in the in-person Poster Exposition, you will receive an email to confirm your presentation time. Check in at the registration desk to confirm your poster number and location. The table space for each poster will be approximately 1.5 feet x 6 feet.
Please email Jamie.Burriss@mtsu.edu to reserve a posterboard.
If you need to withdraw your poster or edit the title of your presentation, please
contact Jamie.Burriss@mtsu.edu. Withdraws and edits will be accepted until the Friday before the event. Final
poster numbers will be posted the Monday before the event.