Register a New Organization - Guidelines
The procedure for gaining University registration is relatively simple and is designed to assist prospective organizations in initiating their activities on a foundation of structure and efficiency. Follow the steps below to start a new organization.
- Before you start the paperwork, be sure you have the following information collected.
- Find at least 5 currently enrolled students who want to start the club.
- Find a Faculty Advisor who will help guide your organization in planning programs, financial oversight, and recruitment.
- Write a constitution. Here is a Sample Constitution you can use as a template.
- Step One:
- Go to www.mtsu.edu/mymt.
- Use your pipeline username and password to log into the system.
- Click on the "Organizations" tab.
- Select the "Register An Organization" button.
- Scroll to the bottom and select "Register a New Organization".
- You will need your organization's roster, M#s, and an electronic copy of your constitution to upload into the system.
Once you have submitted all of the required steps, we will verify that students are currently enrolled, review the constitution, review the Finance Report, and verify the advisor agrees to serve. If there are corrections that need to be made we will reach out.
- Step Two:
- Advisor Agreement
- This form must be completed by the Faculty Advisor.
- Orientation Session
- Once registered a member of the Student Organizations & Service Office will reach out to set an orientation date.
The application and accompanying documentation will be reviewed for clarification and corrections. When all of the documentation is in order, the Director of Student Organizations & Service will recommend appropriate action to the Association Vice President for Student Affairs. Upon receiving the Association Vice Presidents approval, the organization may enjoy all of the benefits of University-recognized organizations (scheduling meetings, conducting fundraisers, sponsoring programs, and applying for student activity fee funds).
Please review the material regarding general rules on student organizations contained in the MTSU Student Organization Handbook and the Student Organization Policy 560. We will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have regarding the registration process.