Welcome to MTSU’s Summer Reading Program
MTSU's Community Summer Reading Program was created in 2002 under the direction of the Distinguished Lecture Committee. The objectives of the program are to:
- provide a unifying experience for the entering class of students,
- partner with Murfreesboro community organizations,
- encourage intellectual interaction among students,
- provide students with the opportunity to read and personally interact with critically-acclaimed authors, and
- affirm the importance of reading for a successful and fulfilling life.
Our Summer Reading Program choice for 2023 is Life Is in the Transitions: Mastering Change at Any Age, by Bruce Feiler. Life Is In The Transitions is a collection of stories from Feiler's timely travels cross country where he encountered people who had experienced recent major life changes. He felt compelled to investigate society's impact on our life stories after experiencing a personal crisis himself. Discovery of a central theme surrounding the thought that the world has increasingly presented more frequent transitions and a reverent gripping need for masterful responses is explored. The takeaways from those discoveries may resonate with anyone faced with a challenging life event.
We hope you will join us in welcoming author Bruce Feiler to MTSU on Saturday, August 26, 2023. As the university's 22nd Summer Reading keynote speaker, Feiler will address MTSU's incoming class at this year's Convocation.
Information adapted from https://www.brucefeiler.com/about-bruce/.