A Raider Funds account is a debit card which works like a credit card. It is a money management system
activated by your MTSU I.D. Card and is available to all Middle Tennessee State University
students, faculty, and staff. Use your card like cash as long as there is enough money
in your account to cover your purchases. You can use Raider Funds to pay towards registration
fees, parking tickets, health services, purchase meals at all food service locations
on campus AND use the same card to purchase books, supplies, and personal items at
MTSU I.D. cards are already encoded to provide access to University events and activities, by making a minimum initial deposit of $10 to your personal Raider Funds account, you can turn your I.D. card into a Raider Funds card as well. Then, all you need to carry is your MTSU I.D. card. When you make a purchase, your account is activated through a card reader, and the amount of your purchase is automatically deducted from your Raider Funds account balance. Your remaining balance is displayed with each transaction so you'll always know how much money you have!
Please note: Raider Funds are maintained separately from meal plan accounts which also use the MTSU I.D. card. Policies and procedures of the meal plan accounts are those of the vendor and not of the University.
Advantages to the Raider Funds System
- It gives you an easy way to purchase meals at any of the food service locations.
- It offers you purchase privileges, without cash, for the great selection of books, supplies, gifts, and personal items at Phillips Bookstore.
- It lets you pay registration fees, phone bills, parking tickets, and other student fees at the Business Office cashier windows.
- Once you establish a Raider Funds account, there is little or no need to carry cash or use credit cards for University meals, supplies, Pepsi or snack machines.
- If you lose your card, it will be invalidated as soon as you report the loss.
RAIDER FUNDS Regulations Deposits
- A $10.00 minimum initial deposit is required to open an account.
- Deposits may be made in cash, by check, check card or credit card, money order, or transfer of current student account credit balance.
- Raider Funds deposits may be made at any Cashier Window in the Student Services and Admission Center, by mail to the Business Office, and through the online credit card payment option.