Travel Support for Undergraduate Research
The Undergraduate Research Center strives to support students in dissemination of their research. Undergraduates who have recieved a URECA grant and are accepted to present their research at a regional, state, national, or international conference are eligible to receive travel funding.
- URC travel funding is limited to students who have received a URECA grant.
- MTSU Graduate: Students who have graduated are eligible for funding for up to 6 months after graduation if the research they are presenting was conducted as an undergraduate at MTSU. Applications must provide information on other potential funding sources. Awarded travel funds are payable on a reimbursement basis only.
- Current URECA Students: $400 yearly maximum for domestic travel and $500 yearly maximum for international travel. Awarded travel funds are payable on a reimbursement basis only for assistance with lodging, travel, and registration fees. MEALS and other expenses are not covered. All applications must include other sources of funding (i.e. departmental support, academic college, Honors college, etc.) to ensure all costs are shared by the URC and other sources. Requests for funding for student groups must ensure some funding is provided by sources other than the URC.
- $400 yearly maximum for domestic travel and $500 yearly maximum for international travel.
- Awarded travel funds are payable on a reimbursable basis only.
- To apply for these funds, you need to complete two forms: a travel application with signatures and documentation of invitation to present AND a travel authorization form (not required for travel within the state of Tennessee) with signatures and documentation of estimated expenses, which can be found HERE.
- You will be notified within a few days after submission if your request has been approved.
- For domestic travel, the forms need to be turned in at least 30 days in advance; for international travel, at least 60 days in advance.
- Upon your return, you will need to fill out a travel claim form within 30 days of your return and attach all original receipts. If you have questions, please email Katie Medrano, ORSP Coordinator, at Katie.Medrano@mtsu.edu.