How to Get a Social Security Number

In order to apply to receive a Social Security Number an F-1 visa holder must have an offer of employment. 

Request a job offer letter from your employer with the following information:

  • Title and description of the job
  • Employment start date
  • The number of hours the student will be working (20/week max)
  • Supervisor’s name and telephone number
  • Supervisor’s signature and date

This letter should be addressed to:

Social Security Adm.
2836 St. Patrick Court
Murfreesboro, TN  37129

Send this letter to Peck Hall 208.  After the letter is received our office will issue its own letter and place both in an officially sealed envelope.  The student will then take this envelope to the above address with passport, I-20, and I-94 to apply for a Social Security Number.  DO NOT OPEN THE ENVELOPE.

Facebook Logo   YouTube Logo   Instagram Logo

Upcoming Events

International Voices of MTSU

International Voices of MTSU

Tweets by @mtsuintered