Higher Education Updates
The following regulatory updates have occurred in the first quarter of 2017. Additional updates will be provided as they occur and are for the benefit of MTSU's community and constituents.
- Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges, Freedom of Speech on Campus (2017).
- Perkins Loan Program Expiration: Andrew Kreighbaum, Crunch Time for Perkins Loan Program, Inside Higher Ed (Sept. 28, 2017).
- Athletics: Marc Tracy, N.C.A.A. Coaches, Adidas Executive Face Charges; Pitino's Program Implicated, N.Y. Times (Sept. 26, 2017).
- New Title IX Guidance: U.S. Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights, Q and A on Campus Sexual Assault (Sept. 2017).
- U.S. Department of Education, Dear Colleague Letter Rescinding Prior Title IX Guidance (Sept. 22, 2017).
- Return of Title IV Funds: Paul Fain, Federal Audit Challenges Faculty Role at WGU, Inside Higher Ed (Sept. 22, 2017).
- Andrew Kreighbaum, DeVos to Replace Obama-Era Sexual Assault Guidelines, Inside Higher Ed (Sept. 8, 2017).
- Revised Immigration Executive Order, American Council on Education, Peter McDonough and the Law Firm of Hogan Lovells US LLP (Mar. 2017)
- David Dodge, CEO, Officiating Group Adopts Standards for Effective Integrity Programs, Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (May 12, 2017)
- Courtney Brown, New Data Released on Student Attainment Rates by Race and Ethnicity, Lumina Foundation (April 26, 2017)
- Withdrawal of DOE Dear Colleague Letter of July 10, 2015, "Repayment Agreements and Liability for Collection Costs on Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) Loans" (Mar. 16, 2017)
- National Advisory Committee on Institutional Quality and Integrity (NACIQI) Meeting Report (Feb. 22-24, 2017)
- Language Updates to FERPA (82 FR 6253, No.12 (Jan. 19, 2017)
- U.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights and the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division – Withdrawal of Statements of Policy and Guidance regarding the prior Dear Colleague Letter on Transgender Students (Feb. 22, 2017)
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security Memorandum on Enforcement of the Immigration Laws to Serve the National Interest (Feb. 20, 2017):
- U.S. Department of Education Privacy Technical Assistance Center Guidance on the Use of Financial Aid Information for Program Evaluation and Research (Jan. 2017)
- U.S. Department of Education Privacy Technical Assistance Center Integrated Data Systems and Student Privacy (Jan. 2017)
- Borrower Defense Regulations (82 FR 6253 - 6259, No. 12, (Jan. 19, 2017)