Housing is currently accepting applications
for the 2017-2018 academic year waiting list
only from students who have previously provided proof
of Meningitis vaccination for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Important Move In Information
To ensure a smooth and speedy move-in process please remember the following tips:
- When you arrive at your residence hall, the resident of the building should go into the building to begin the Check-In process. Family members/friends of that individual who arrived with the student can begin unloading their items onto the sidewalk and into the bins.
- Please do not leave any vehicle unattended in the drop off zone, someone should stay with the vehicle at all times.
- Once you have moved all items from your car to a moving bin or the sidewalk, then please move your car from the drop off zone to a parking lot.
- There will be staff in many areas to direct you to the closest parking lot.
Classes in the Business Aerospace building, studying at the James E. Walker library, working out at the Recreation Center, attending football games at the stadium - your academic and student life revolves around the campus.
Living on campus places you at the center of the university community, ready for both academic and co-curricular activities. Most students find that MTSU residence halls or apartments are the right choice, and they become part of a vital living-learning community, and make friendships that will last for years. Research indicates that living on campus is one of the strongest influences on successful completion of an undergraduate degree.
More than 3000 students and families make their homes in 16 residence halls and apartments. While each living area is unique, each supports academic excellence. Professional staff and student leaders live and work in each area, coordinating services and programs that produce contented individuals. Computing facilities, student leadership training, recreational activities, referrals to academic support services, and a listening ear are just a few of the benefits of living on campus.
The main office for Housing & Residential Life is located in the Keathley University Center, Room 300. Regular office hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you have any questions regarding the on-campus living experience, just drop by or call us at 615-898-2971.
Housing & Residential Life has already been smoke free, but now along with the entire campus is becoming tobacco free.
Living options include traditional halls with shared baths; exterior-entry buildings with suite-style baths; and two-person, four-person, and family apartments. Communities range in size from approximately 100 students to 400 students. Rates depend on the type of room you select.
Amenities available to campus residents include:
- computer labs with convenient access to personal computing
- data lines with direct access to the university computing system in bedrooms
- 24-hour desks in several areas provide reception services, information and recreation
- lounges and lobbies within the halls that provide areas designated for conversation, studying and recreation
- basic cable in all residence hall rooms and apartments
- laundry facilities within each complex
- All residence halls and apartments on the MTSU campus are substance free. Alcohol and drugs are prohibited. MTSU has a zero tolerance policy regarding possession or use of drugs or paraphernalia in campus residence halls. Smoking is prohibited in all public areas (lobbies, hallways, community baths, classrooms, etc.) and all individual residence hall rooms and all apartments.
First-time Freshmen who live on campus are required to have a board meal plan. For more information regarding meal plan options, click here.
The mission of Housing and Residential Life at MTSU is to create living-learning communities which promote personal and academic growth among a diverse student body. Quality living accommodations and structured support services enhance the university mission of student retention, academic excellence and community involvement.