Position Posting Procedures
Lightning CareerLink - is for professional positions requiring a minimum of a *bachelors* degree, part-time jobs located in counties surrounding Rutherford County, and supervised internship/co-op positions preparing students for related post-baccalaureate professional career fields.
Fall Career Fair - the Fall Career Fair is the only campus-wide career fair of the academic year. It is typically held in October. Please visit our Fall Career Fair page for more information.
Department Career Fairs - throughout the year, several academic departments host their own fairs. These are smaller fairs for specific majors/fields. Please visit our Career Fairs Page for more information on how to register.
Interview Room Reservations - are available to employers who wish to coordinate their own interview schedules. There are 4 interview rooms available on a first come basis. Interviews start as early as 9:00 a.m. and end by 4:30 p.m. Employers are encouraged to post a position or attend one of our career fairs to collect resumes from which to build their own schedule. You can register for a date here.
Employer Spotlight Sessions - We'll hold employer spotlight sessions for recruiting tables in the atrium of the
Student Union Building each semester. Check back here for calendar updates and registration
Classroom Presentations - Are you interested in speaking to a classroom or student organization? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!
Branding Your Organization
- Maintain your presence by actively posting positions in Lightning CareerLink.
- Consider becoming a sponsor for a career fair. We typically have 3 sponsors for the Fall Fair. Sponsorship is available at the time of registration on a first-come basis.
- Attend career fairs on a regular basis. Our student population is constantly changing.
- Include your MTSU alumni in recruiting activities on campus.
- Send the Career Development Center a picture and paragraph of an MTSU student or recent alum working in a position for which you have posted in Lightning CareerLink. We can put this on social media to create a greater awareness of the position.
- Contact MTSU academic departments for information on their programs.
- Connect with Student Organizations.
- Student Organization Directory - click on student org name then on member roster in the upper right to locate student contact.