Position Posting Procedures
Lightning CareerLink - is for professional entry-level positions requiring a minimum of a *bachelors* degree and supervised internship/co-op positions preparing students for related post-baccalaureate professional career fields.
Student Employment Program - is for part-time student employment within a 12 county area in Middle Tennessee.
Fall Career Fair - the Fall Career Fair is the only campus-wide career fair of the academic year. It is typically held in October. Please visit our Career Fairs Page for more information.
Department Career Fairs - throughout the year, several academic departments host their own fairs. These are smaller fairs for specific majors/fields. Please visit our Career Fairs Page for more information on how to register.
Interview Room Reservations - are available to employers who wish to coordinate their own interview schedules. There are 6 interview rooms available on a first come basis. Interviews start as early as 8:30 a.m. and end by 4:00 p.m. Employers are encouraged to post a position or attend one of our career fairs to collect resumes from which to build their own schedule. Reserve an Interview Room.
Information Sessions - Held in the Student Union Building meeting rooms only. Employers should network with faculty or student organizations to ensure adequate student attendance. Employers are allowed to visit up to 2 times per semester, and reservations must be made with us at least two weeks in advance. Schedule an Information Session.
Information Tables - We are no longer sponsoring information tables in the Student Union. This recruiting option is not available at this time. The Student Union does not coordinate table registration for entities outside of the University.
MTSU Academic Calendar
August 28 – classes begin
September 4 – Labor Day
October 14 – 17 – Fall Break
November 22 – 25 – Thanksgiving break
December 6 – last day of classes
December 16 – Commencement
January 16 – classes begin
March 5 – 10 – spring break
April 25 – last day of classes
May 5 -- Commencement
Branding Your Organization
- Maintain your presence by actively posting positions in Lightning CareerLink.
- Consider becoming a sponsor for a career fair. We typically have 3 sponsors for the Fall Fair. Sponsorship is available at the time of registration on a first-come basis.
- Attend career fairs on a regular basis. Our student population is constantly changing.
- Include your MTSU alumni in recruiting activities on campus.
- Send the Career Development Center a picture and paragraph of an MTSU student or recent alum working in a position for which you have posted in Lightning CareerLink. We can put this on social media to create a greater awareness of the position.
- Contact MTSU academic departments for information on their programs.
- Connect with Student Organizations.
- Student Organization Directory - click on student org name then on member roster in the upper right to locate student contact.