Policies and Guidelines
- Computer Software Policy
- Electronic Mail Acceptable Use Policy
- Information Security Policy
- Information Technology Resources Policy
- MTSU Privacy of Information Policy
- Implementation of Secure Passwords
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 1998
- MTSU Website Maintenance Plan (currently under revision Dec 2012)
- MTSU Website Guidelines (currently under revision Dec 2012)
Information Technology Resources Policy
The Information Technology Resources Policy identifies appropriate use of Information Technology Resources (as defined in Section III:A) to support the University's goals and objectives. This document informs all Users (as defined in Section III:F) of the policies set forth by Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) and the laws of the State of Tennessee and the Federal government.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 1998
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) was signed into law by President Clinton on October 28, 1998. The legislation implements two 1996 World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) treaties: the WIPO Copyright Treaty and the WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty. The DMCA also addresses a number of other significant copyright-related issues.