Prepare for careers in wellness, fitness, and therapy as you explore how physical activity impacts health.
Exercise Science, B.S.
The dynamic undergraduate exercise science program blends foundational knowledge of human movement and exercise physiology with practical, hands-on training to prepare students for diverse careers in healthcare, sports, fitness, and wellness. In this degree, aspiring physical therapists, occupational therapists, athletic trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, and personal trainers will gain skills to assess, enhance, and improve physical performance and health. This major serves as a pathway to direct employment and provides prerequisite knowledge to pursue advanced study at the graduate level.
Earn your Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science at MTSU, and unlock career opportunities in corporations, hospitals, public wellness and fitness centers, and more. Our program lays the foundation for further education in fields such as exercise physiology, physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician assistant, and athletic training. Graduates may pursue professions including:
- Physical Therapy Graduate Program
- Occupational Therapy Graduate Program
- Physician Assistant Graduate Program
- Medical School
- Chiropractic School
- Athletic Training Graduate Program
- Dental School
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Positions
- Exercise Physiologist
- Corporate/Hospital/University Fitness and Wellness Jobs
- Strength and Conditioning
Click here for more helpful career links.
The goals of the Exercise Science program faculty are to
- Provide quality teaching by integrating practical applications of sport and exercisescience in the classroom
- Conduct basic and applied research at the undergraduate, masters, and doctoral levels
- Forge partnerships in university and community settings through internships, researchprojects, and educational service activities
Please fill in the form below and we will contact you very soon