Discover lucrative finance career opportunities with a high starting salary, a top-ranked program, and a diverse curriculum.
Opportunities abound in business, government, and industry for the person who likes numbers preceded by dollar signs. The field of finance offers excellent opportunities for lucrative careers at the local, regional, and international levels, leading to six- or seven-figure salaries for star performers. Whether or not money makes the world go round, it is a certainty that financial processes and institutions influence global commerce, and the way nations conduct business. Star performers are not born — they grow from a solid educational foundation.
- Finance B.B.A. graduates have an average starting salary of $60,000.
- This well-rounded program offers a curriculum that pulls from other business majors, such as Accounting, Information Systems, and Management.
- Jones College is one of the top 1.5% of business schools in the world.
In addition to meeting the Jennings A. Jones College of Business requirements, a major in Finance consists of 27 semester hours of finance courses and requires a minimum 2.00 GPA. At least 50 percent of the required major hours must be taken in residence at MTSU. Students pursuing a major in Finance with no concentration may choose to focus their studies on corporate finance, investments, or financial institutions. The program includes a Business Administration minor. An alternate business minor may be chosen, but it may require total hours for graduation to exceed 120.
The Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Finance is a solid launching pad for a career in the following fields:
- Commercial lending
- Consulting services
- Consumer financial services
- Financial product development
- Mutual funds
- Pension funds
- Portfolio management
- Stock brokerage firms
Employers of MTSU finance alumni include:
- Federal Reserve
- Merrill Lynch
- Ingram Companies
- U.S. Federal Departments (such as Commerce, Defense, Labor, and State)
Please fill in the form below and we will contact you very soon