Department of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
Summer 2020 Greetings from the Chair
My name is Roger Pieroni, and I chair the department of world languages, literatures and cultures at MTSU. I will be hosting Zoom meetings this summer to offer a chance to “Chat with the Chair.” Please join me if you:
- studied a world language in high school
- enjoy exploring a different culture
- want to turbo-charge your current degree program by adding a minor, or a major in a world language
- want to learn about participating in a study abroad experience
- will be attending CUSTOMS (or have already attended CUSTOMS) and have a few questions about our programs
- are still looking for the right fit for the upcoming academic year, and you are interested in one of the ten languages the department of world language literature and cultures offers
The Zoom meetings will be held on:
- Monday, June 1, 1:00-2:30 (Central Time)
- Tuesday, June 23, 2:00-3:30 (Central Time)
- Wednesday, July 15, 3:00-4:30 (Central Time)
- Thursday, August 13, 1:00-2:30 (Central Time)
I will briefly talk about our department and answer questions you may have about our instructors, coursework, study abroad opportunities, and career choices. For links to the Zoom meetings, please contact me at Roger.Pieroni@mtsu.edu or call me at 615-898-2982. I look forward to our conversations.
- Take the foreign language placement test
- The CALA Summer Language Institute is coming! Click here for more information!
- Giving to Liberal Arts
- TEF Exam Information
Foreign language programs and courses
Information about teaching licensure in French, German and Spanish.
Information about both full-time and part-time faculty including links to personal
MTSU's French, German and Spanish programs - Other MTSU affiliate programs which offer foreign language study and external funding