Position Posting Procedures
Lightning CareerLink - is for professional entry-level positions requiring a minimum of a *bachelors* degree and supervised internship/co-op positions preparing students for related post-baccalaureate professional career fields.
Student Employment Program - is for part-time student employment within a 12 county area in Middle Tennessee.
Fall Career Fair - the Fall Career Fair is the only campus-wide career fair of the academic year. It is typically held in October. Please visit our Career Fairs Page for more information.
Department Career Fairs - throughout the year, several academic departments host their own fairs. These are smaller fairs for specific majors/fields. Please visit our Career Fairs Page for more information on how to register.
Interview Room Reservations - are available to employers who wish to coordinate their own interview schedules. There are 6 interview rooms available on a first come basis. Interviews start as early as 8:30 a.m. and end by 4:00 p.m. Employers are encouraged to post a position or attend one of our career fairs to collect resumes from which to build their own schedule. Reserve an Interview Room.
Information Sessions - Held in the Student Union Building meeting rooms only. Employers should network with faculty or student organizations to ensure adequate student attendance. Employers are allowed to visit up to 2 times per semester, and reservations must be made with us at least two weeks in advance. Schedule an Information Session.
Information Tables - Stay tuned!
MTSU Academic Calendar
August 28 – classes begin
September 4 – Labor Day
October 14 – 17 – Fall Break
November 22 – 25 – Thanksgiving break
December 6 – last day of classes
December 16 – Commencement
January 16 – classes begin
March 5 – 10 – spring break
April 25 – last day of classes
May 5 -- Commencement
Branding Your Organization
- Maintain your presence by actively posting positions in Lightning CareerLink.
- Consider becoming a sponsor for a career fair. We typically have 3 sponsors for the Fall Fair. Sponsorship is available at the time of registration on a first-come basis.
- Attend career fairs on a regular basis. Our student population is constantly changing.
- Include your MTSU alumni in recruiting activities on campus.
- Send the Career Development Center a picture and paragraph of an MTSU student or recent alum working in a position for which you have posted in Lightning CareerLink. We can put this on social media to create a greater awareness of the position.
- Contact MTSU academic departments for information on their programs.
- Connect with Student Organizations.
- Student Organization Directory - click on student org name then on member roster in the upper right to locate student contact.