Finals Relief Kits
Near the end of each semester, Health Promotion creates and distributes "Finals Relief Kits"; to students. The kits contain information on stress management, as well as items like hot tea, candles, and bubble wrap that reduce stress and promote relaxation.
De-Stress to Avoid Distress Presentation
Health Promotion facilitates this presentation for classrooms and student groups to educate audience members on the functions of stress, identification of personal stressors and vulnerabilities, and techniques for reducing and/or managing stress. The presentation includes individual assessments and lasts approximately 60 minutes. For information on scheduling De-Stress to Avoid Distress, contact Lisa Schrader at 615-494-8704 or Lisa.Schrader@mtsu.edu.
Counseling Services provides an online link to depression and anxiety assessments.
- Guided Progressive Muscle Relaxation from the University of Texas at Austin
- Mental Health America
- Conscious Living Foundation's Free Stress Tests
*Data presented are from the American College Health Association's National College Health Assessment conducted Spring 2013 which included 1,274 MTSU students. A full report of all participating post-secondary institutions is available at www.acha-ncha.org .
- 27.3% of MTSU students reported their academics were negatively impacted because of stress
- 18.2% of MTSU students reported their academics were negatively impacted because of anxiety
- 11.3% of MTSU students reported their academics were negatively impacted because of depression
- 22.4% of MTSU students reported their academics were negatively impacted because of sleep troubles
- 81.5% of MTSU students felt overwhelmed by all they had to do at some point during the 12 months prior to completing the survey
- 47.9% of MTSU students reported feeling their stress levels were greater than average over the 12 months prior to completing the survey