Using Advisor Platforms
Many of the platforms can be accessed on the INB webpage. See the Documents/Forms page for additional platform-related training material.
Used to access statistics for advising and CUSTOMS reports, graphics, interactive charts, etc. Request an account through your manager. Click the hyperlinked text above to sign in.
Used to view, manage, and update student data. Any changes made on Banner will feed into all other platforms. Use to access student admission information, test scores, holds, assign advisors to students, or enter course PODs or overrides. Click the hyperlinked text above to sign in.
- Training tutorials
- Description of popular screens
- List of navigation commands
- Banner Advisor Assignments
- Banner Keyboard Commands
- Banner Permits/Overrides
- Banner 9 Incognito Browser Settings
- Using Banner to Locate Suspension Information
- BDM Use for Advisors
Used by advisors, faculty, VA, and Student Success administration to access student schedules, transcripts, advisor reports, and appointment notes. Used by students to schedule advising appointments and locate campus information. Advisors can report student meetings, upload advising attachments, and create specific advisee lists that can be saved as watch lists or downloaded as Excel spreadsheets.
- Documentation instructions for Navigate (formerly SSC Campus)
- Appointment-making directions to share with students
- Log in instruction for Navigate (formerly SSC Campus)
- General Handout on Navigate
- Creating an Appointment Campaign
- Creating a Group Advising Report
Used by advisors to access student information, transcripts, test scores, student holds, purge lists, and to assign registration PINs. Used by students to register, check holds, pay tuition, etc. This is where students can find access to their email and D2L as well.
Desire2Learn Learning (D2L) is a web-based application of easy-to-use teaching and learning tools for online and on-campus course development, delivery, and management.
- Log in to D2L (using your PipelineMT credentials)
DegreeWorks is a comprehensive academic advising and degree audit tool designed to facilitate real-time monitoring of the student's academic progress towards degree completion.
- Log in to Degree Works through link in Pipeline. (Find the DW link on the Advisors screen, listed under "Student Details".)
- Advisor usage tutorial
- Student usage tutorial
- DW Handout
If you see anything on this site that needs editing, updating, or have suggestions for additions, please email Bryanna.Licciardi@mtsu.edu