Frequently Asked Questions
What is my application status?
Please check your Graduate Student Portal. All admissions decisions will be received through this real-time portal.
Where do I send application materials?
Please note: All materials received become the property of MTSU and cannot be returned to the student or forwarded to a third party.
How long does it take to receive my admission decision?
Once your application packet has been completed, we will route it to your program of interest. Some programs respond within a few days but others have specific deadlines. Please check with your program of interest for their timeframe.
Can I submit unofficial copies of admissions documents?
No. All test scores and transcripts must be official. They must come form the crediting college or university. This includes any Dual Enrollment participation.
Have you received my application documents?
Please check your Graduate Student Portal. Official transcripts and test scores are processed manually on a first-come, first-served basis. Your patience is appreciated.
What scholarships or funding opportunities are available?
Most scholarships are awarded in spring for the next academic year. You can see our list of scholarships or learn about becoming a graduate assistant on our Paying for Graduate School page.
Do I need to request MTSU transcripts?
No. Our graduation analysts can access your MTSU transcripts through our systems.
How do I submit my other transcripts?
Who can I ask for help?
- For general questions about Graduate Studies or the admissions process, email email@example.com.
- For questions about classes, contact your academic advisor.
- For questions about Commencement, check our website. If that doesn't answer your question, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about Commencement regalia and invitations, contact the MTSU Bookstore at email@example.com.
- For questions about Financial Aid, contact MTOneStop@mtsu.edu.
- For questions about immunizations, including holds based on them, contact Health Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about payment, billing, employee waivers, etc., contact the Business Office at email@example.com.
- For questions about shipment of your diploma after commencement, contact Records at firstname.lastname@example.org.