The Spring 2022 Visiting Artist's Seminar:
Enrollment limited to 14 students. Permission of Department will be required to enroll.
- Permit Request Form (You will be asked to log in. Use your Pipeline user name and password.)
Class Dates, five sessions, held in HONR 218:
- Tuesday, January 18, 2022: 4:30-7:10 p.m. (CST)
- Thursday, January 20, 2022: 4:30-7:10 p.m. (CST)
- Tuesday, January 25, 2022: 4:30-7:10 p.m. (CST)
- Thursday, January 27, 2022: 4:30-7:10 p.m. (CST)
- Tuesday, February 1, 2022: 4:30-7:10 p.m. (CST)
Portraits & Persona in Poetry
Featuring Ms. Amie Whittemore
Poets often push the boundaries of language and imagination in their work, examining both the self and others. But how do poets (ourselves included) do this with sensitivity and insight? How do we write about ourselves without navel-gazing? How do we write in other voices without appropriating others’ lives? We’ll explore these tough questions through serious play, by discussing example self-portrait and persona poems and experimenting with writing prompts that will encourage poets to write about themselves and others with verve and precision.
About the Artist: