Launch your career in biotechnology management in a program that blends science and business.
Professional Science, Biotechnology Concentration, M.S.
The Biotechnology concentration in the Master of Science in Professional Science degree offers preparation for careers in the management of bioscience firms and organizations. The program is a combination of business and science to offer training to work in highly skilled and/or leadership roles in scientific companies and agencies.
Opportunities with this degree include research science positions solving problems in medicine, industry, and agriculture. management positions in biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. regulatory, investigatory, or quality control roles in governmental agencies or industries. The program features job-related experience in a 250-hour internship that is completed prior to graduation instead of a thesis or comprehensive exams. Coursework includes biotech-related classes, along with a business management core. A limited number of graduate assistantships are available.
If you live in one of these states: AL; you may be able to attend MTSU at in-state rates under the Academic Common Market program.
With the growth of positions in the biotechnology industry in Tennessee and nationwide,the demand for persons with training in both biological science and management is expected to grow significantly. Jobs may be found in agricultural, chemical, environmental and pharmaceutical research and industries. Examples of some occupations with this degree include
- Biomedical engineer
- Biotechnology/pharmaceutical sales rep
- Biotechnology lab technician
- Clinical trials manager
- Corporate manager
- Crime lab technician
- Environmental scientist
- Food scientist
- Forensic scientist
- Marketing executive
- Pharmaceutical analyst
- Process development specialist
- Quality control analyst
- Quality control engineer
- Regulatory biomanufacturing specialist
- Research and development scientist
- Research associate
- Research facility director
- Senior scientist
- Technical manager
- University/research professor
Employers of MTSU alumni include
- Aegis Sciences Corporation
- Biogen Idec
- Calhoun Community College
- Columbia State Community College
- East Tennessee State University
- Emory University
- Encapsula Nanosciences
- ESC Lab Sciences
- Genetics Associates, Inc.
- McGraw-Hill Education
- Microbial Discovery Group
- Middle Tennessee State University
- Novus International
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- S. Department of Agriculture, Iowa
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Please fill in the form below and we will contact you very soon