Online Grading Summary Sheet
The following is a summary of the steps to grade online using PipelineMT:
- Access PipelineMT.
- Enter User Name which is your MTSU email account name minus the "@mtsu.edu" portion.
- Enter Password and LOGIN. (If you don't know your password, call the ITD Help Desk at 898-5345).
- Select Faculty, Left menu
- Under Required Reporting/Grading select Final Grades
- Select the current Term then Submit.
- Select Course Title - CRN from drop box and then Submit.
- Written instructions and grade reporting requirements are emailed to all primary instructors
prior to the beginning of each final grade reporting cycle from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the most current intructions. View the instructions and your list of
students for the course you selected. A final grade must be entered for each student.
The informational message only indicates the changes you made were successful; however,
it doesn't indicate if a grade for a student has been omitted. Please review your
final grade roster carefully to ensure a grade has been submitted for each student.
- Enter grades in the Grade column. If a "W" (withdrawn) or "NC" (audit) is already posted in the Grade column, then no additional entry is needed for that student.
- If a student withdrew from the University after the deadline to receive a grade of "W," the student can only be graded with a grade of "W" or "F" which will be your only choices in the drop box.
- If you previously reported the last date of attendance on an Unofficial Withdrawal/Attendance Reporting Roster, the date will show in the Last Attend Date column. According to University policy, if the student never attended or stopped attending and did not return to class, a grade of "F" should be reported.
- Select Submit button after you have entered a grade for each student displayed on the page. You must submit each set of 50 students if you have more than 50 students enrolled in the course.
- Check Grade column to see what grades are posted. If you still have a drop box, then a grade was not submitted for that student.
After you have completed the current course, then select a different CRN Selection at the bottom or Logout if finished.
- Grades are posted to a student's record each night once grading begins. Adjustments of grades can be made during the day if you realize you made an entry error. You can tell if a grade has been posted to a student's record when a "Y" displays in the Rolled column. Any changes that need to be made after grades have been posted to a student's record must be made by filing a Change of Grade form. These forms are also available from departmental secretaries.
- You can verify your rosters have been completed and submitted successfully using the Assigned Courses Not Yet Graded link under Status Reports. Please call the Registrar’s Office at (615) 898-5690 with any questions. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.