Campus Resources for LGBT+ Students
The following is a list of All-Gender facilities located on MTSU's campus, separated by type. If you know of any additional All Gender facilities located on campus, or have any questions regarding this list, please email LGBT@MTSU.edu.
- Alumni Memorial Gym
- Basement, between room 100 and the women’s restroom.
- Basement, across from room 108.
- *The AMG restrooms are all-gender restrooms but are marked with a different sign than the one pictured below.
- College of Education Building (COE)
- First floor
- Davis Science Building
- First floor, across from room 115.
- Ellington Human Sciences (EHS)
- First floor, central hall, across from Room 11.
- James Union Building (JUB)
- First floor (basement), across the hall from the Faculty Senate Room.
- Third floor, around corner from Women & Gender Studies.
- Keathley University Center (KUC)
- First floor (basement), inside testing center, behind locker room.
- Peck Hall (PH)
- First floor
- Third floor
- Stark Agribusiness Building (SAG)
- First floor, near lobby, Room 13.
- Student Union Building (STU)
- First floor, outside Phillips Bookstore.
- Second floor, next to men's restroom in the Ballroom lobby.
- Voorhies Engineering Technology Building (VET)
- First floor, east wing, near room 142. Room 10 is the restroom.
- Walker Library (LIB)
- First floor, to the left of Technology Services
Single-User, Locking, Gender Specific Restrooms
- Murphy Center
- Basement level, across from Women’s Basketball Coach Suite.
- Second floor lobby, outside of room 221.
Many of the campus dorms have all-gender restrooms within the buildings. Some of these are on specific floors, some are in the main lobby. Since these facilities are not readily accessible to the public and primarily service the residents within each building, we have not included them here. If you live in or are visiting a campus dorm and need access to one of these facilities, please ask the front desk attendants for assistance.
All-Gender Locker Rooms
- Campus Recreation Center (REC)
- There is one All-Gender changing room located in the hallway at the south end of the indoor pool. The room is equipped with a toilet, sink, shower and lockers.
- MT Lambda
Founded in 1988, MT Lambda is MTSU’s only all-inclusive LGBT+ student organization, and the oldest organization of its kind in the state. Their mission is to provide support to members of the LGBT+ & Allied community at MTSU as well as to educate the student body and surrounding community on relevant LGBT+ issues. The organization hosts weekly meetings during the fall & spring semesters, and is open to all currently enrolled students.
- MT Lambda
- June Anderson Center for Women & Nontraditional Students
- Intercultural & Diversity Affairs
- James E. Walker Library LGBT+ Guides
- Women & Gender Studies
- S.A.F.E. — Students Active for Feminism & Equality (S.A.F.E.) is a departmental student organization housed in the MTSU Women & Gender Studies Department. Their goal is to enlighten MTSU students & the surrounding community on issues of gender and gender equality.
Counseling services are available on campus at:
NOTE: If you discover a problem with one one of the links on this page, please contact the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership at 615-898-5812.