Nurse Corps Officer
Nurse Corps officers lead a nursing team that cares for Soldiers and their families. As part of the Army Nurse Corps, they play an important role in improving the overall quality of life for Soldiers and their families.
- Organize resources for patients and their families for help with inpatient, outpatient and home care
- Command a shift on a nursing unit that is part of a field hospital or for an installation medical activity
- Supervise all nursing care during your shift at all levels of command
Job training for a Nurse Corps officer includes completing an Officer Basic Leadership Course, which introduces you to the Army Health Care system, Army doctrine and basic Soldier/leader skills.
- Ability to make accurate, immediate decisions
- Perform under stress
- Apply critical technical and thinking skills
- Tremendous concentration