MTSU Center for Asian Studies
MTSU established the Center for Asian Studies in 2009 as part of a strategy to increase enrollment and academic enrichment through international partnerships. Organized under the Vice Provost for International Affairs, the center supports and initiates efforts to make International education at MTSU an integrated and collaborative effort at all levels of our university.
Recent Goals and Objectives
- Successful recruitment in Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia. Collaborated with Education Ministry of Vietnam for its governmental scholarships. Established exchange program with universities in Indonesia. Worked with agents in Malaysia for recruitment efforts.
- Productive exchange programs with universities in Taiwan
- Successful joint degree programs with universities in China
- Providing resources in Chinese arts, culture, language and research in agriculture and botany through Confucius Institute
- Revitalize the Asian Studies Minor at MTSU
- Outreach to Thailand to engage and reactivate a large population of MTSU alumni in that country
Recent Coverage of Center's Outreach
- International Voices of MTSU
Did you know that MTSU students can take classes in over 65 countries across the globe?
- MTSU, China university strengthen bond with medicinal research agreement
Officials with Middle Tennessee State University and China’s Guangxi University of Chinese Medicine signed an agreement Monday, Dec. 17, solidifying their ties regarding cooperative research into agricultural products.
- The Thais That Bind
MTSU's alumni outreach efforts take on a decidedly international flavor with creation of first international chapter in Thailand.
- 26 MTSU students headed abroad, thanks to $70K in scholarships
Twenty-six students are preparing now for the experience of a lifetime, thanks to the MTSU Office of Education Abroad.
- New MTSU economic institute director discusses tariffs’ impact on ginseng growers
One of Middle Tennessee State University’s newest researchers and institute directors delivered a different perspective — the political economy and economic impact of tariffs on ginseng.
- MTSU making history: Visit to Vietnam 2013
An MTSU history class made university history by traveling to Vietnam for the first time in spring 2013.
- MTSU renews academic partnership with Ningbo University in China
Middle Tennessee State University renewed an academic partnership that allows actuarial science students enrolled at a Chinese university to finish at MTSU.
- Rejuvenated MTSU actuarial science program triples in size
MTSU graduate students Yiting Dong of Hangzhou, China, and Shannon Ghee of Eagleville, Tennessee, are part of the transformation of the university’s growing actuarial sciences programs.
- MTSU ends China tour with visit to current, potential international partners
Middle Tennessee State University’s swing through China ended with visits to two universities in Nanning
- MTSU researchers take aim at metastatic breast cancer
Middle Tennessee State University faculty, students and funding are playing a crucial role in breakthrough research aimed at helping treat metastatic breast cancer.