What We Do
The "Business Research Center" was established in 1970. The first director was Dr. Douglas Hodo, hired by School of Business and Economics Dean Firman Cunningham. The first office was in what later became a custodial closet under the first floor stairwell in the northeast corner of Peck Hall.
- Dr. Douglas Hodo.
- Dr. Claude Simpson.
- Dr. Paul Hendershot (1973). He changed the center's name to Business and Economic Research Center and in 1974 began publication of the bimonthly journal Tennessee's Business.
- Dr. Gary Hall, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Dr. Horace Johns, Business Law professor, Department of Accounting.
- Dr. Reuben Kyle (1991), Department of Economics and Finance.
- Dr. Albert DePrince (1999), Department of Economics and Finance.
- Dr. David Penn (2002), Department of Economics and Finance.
- Dr. Murat Arik (2014, interim; 2015, permanent), Department of Management.