Requirements Before You Can Register For Classes

Check to see if you need to take the Academic Assessment Placement Test.

Transfer students who have not earned college-level algebra-based math or English credits must take the Academic Assessment Placement Test provided by University Studies (a testing fee is charged). If you need placement testing, please call 615-898-2568 to schedule an exam time. You will NOT be able to register until all testing is completed and scored. If you are unsure if you need placement testing, check if you have a hold in PipelineMT - click Holds under Priority Registration Tools which indicates placement testing is needed.

  • If you are receiving veterans benefits, new transfer students must contact the MTSU Veterans and Military Family Center at (615) 904-8347 to start the process for your GI Bill® benefits.
  • If you are transferring as a STUDENT ATHLETE, you must first contact the Athletic Enhancement Center (615) 904-8492 for advising after you complete Online Orientation, but before you contact the College Academic Advisor.
CUSTOMS Orientation provided by
New Student & Family Programs
KUC 326
©2016 All Rights Reserved
Middle Tennessee State University
Murfreesboro, TN 37132