Welcome to the Tommy T. Martin Chair of Insurance
Why Risk Management & Insurance
- Job security - 400,000 jobs opening by 2020
- Something for everyone - RMI offers opportunities for students interested in risk management, finance, economics, accounting, information technology, actuarial sciences, data analytics, human resources, marketing and more!
- Lucrative industry - Average starting salary for graduates of RMI programs is above $50,000
- New degree offered - The Economics and Finance Department revised the curriculum and now offers a BBA in Risk Management & Insurance
- Professional designations - Earn credits towards professional designations such as the CPCU
About the Chair
The Tommy Martin Chair of Insurance is named in honor of Thomas T. “Tommy” Martin, a Murfreesboro insurance agent who was a highly successful underwriter and community leader for almost 60 years. The Martin Chair of Insurance was founded by a group of alumni and friends to upgrade and enhance the insurance curriculum at MTSU. Dr. Kenneth Hollman was essential in building the current MTSU Insurance Program from an idea to an iconic program well-respected throughout the country, and beginning in 2016, Dr. Dave Wood has made big strides in continuing the legacy of the Martin Chair by transforming the curriculum from offering a concentration in insurance to a full major of risk management and insurance.
Dr. Dave Wood, Martin Chair of Insurance
Mr. Tommy Martin