Embracing Equity through Open Educational Resources (OER) at MTSU
MTSU’s OER grant-funded initiative, Embracing Equity through Open Educational Resources (OER), awarded by the Tennessee Board of Regents in December 2020, builds on institutional knowledge, experience, and partnerships to make MTSU a more equitable and inclusive campus. Through faculty mini-grants, this interdisciplinary project encourages instructional innovation and enhances the scholarship of teaching and learning by providing instructors with resources to redesign their course around the use of OER. Learn more about the grant and its goals in our February 2021 press release.
- Scott Haupt, Pressbooks Administrator & TN Open Education Hub Administrator (THEC) Scott.Haupt@mtsu.edu
- Suzanne Mangrum, Acquisitions Librarian & OER Textbook Advocate, Suzanne.Mangrum@mtsu.edu
- Kim Godwin, Instructional Designer & OER Course Design Expert, Kim.Godwin@mtsu.edu
- Natalie Hoskins, Assistant Professor of Communication Studies & Research Projects Coordinator, Natalie.Hoskins@mtsu.edu
- Ginelle Baskin, Student Success & Open Education Librarian, Ginelle.Baskin@mtsu.edu
As we build our OER website and presence at MTSU, you'll find more OER resources and tools in this space. Below is a collection of videos that will help you better understand OER practices.
Open Educational Resource Videos