Excel in nutrition leadership with an online program for working professionals. No GRE needed. Meet dietetics requirements.
Professional Studies, Leadership in Nutrition Concentration, M.P.S.
The Leadership in Nutrition concentration of the Master of Professional Studies degree (MPS) is an interdisciplinary graduate degree program designed for working professionals who wish to earn a graduate degree and excel in their careers.
Some of the unique courses offered in the MPS Leadership in Nutrition program include Entrepreneurial Skills for Nutrition Professionals, Leadership and Motivation, Effective Program Management, Nutrition and Obesity, Leading Organization Transformation, and Conflict Management and Negotiation. This program meets January 1, 2024, requirement by the National Commission on Dietetic Registration mandate for the minimum of a master's degree to be eligible to take the credentialing exam to become a registered dietician nutritionist graduate education registered dietician.
For those seeking to become a registered dietician, MTSU's Nutrition and Food Science Major, Dietetics Concentration (aka Didactic Program in Dietetics or DPD) meets all the requirements of the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics to provide eligibility to complete a dietetic internship or to take the registration exam for dietitians. The program culminates with a professional project.
This 30-hour program combines the social sciences and the professions to make it directly applicable to the working adult who wants to increase income and promotion possibilities. It also includes six free credits for internship completion and concludes with a student-selected Capstone project. Since it is offered 100% online and available 24/7, it easily fits almost any schedule.
- This program is:
- Designed for the working adult.
- Available Completely Online.
- Provides a Flexible Schedule.
- Does NOT require a GRE with 5 years of work experience.
- Family and Consumer Science Extension Educator or Specialist (RD or Non-RD)
- Health Department W.I.C. Nutritionist (RD) or Nutrition Educator (Non-RD)
- Registered Dietitian — after completing the MPS, those students having completed an internship will be eligibleto sit for the CDR exam. Registered Dietitians can work in a vast variety of areasincluding hospitals, management, community, private practice, and research.
- Wellness and health coaches (RD or Non-RD)
- Case Consultant
- Regional Nutrition Manager
View the Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook for Dietitians and Nutritionists.
Affiliated Dietetic Internship Partnerships
- Gulf Coast Dietetic Internship
- PHFE WIC Dietetic Internship Program
- Komplete Business Dietetic Internship
- NHC Dietetic Internship
Please fill in the form below and we will contact you very soon