Student Technology Access Fees
TAF Proposals for FY 21-22 have been recomeneded by the committee and are awaiting final approval. Those proposals moving forwarded have been updated with recommended in the approved area.
TAF funds are required to be spent in the year collected. Projects are approved by line items, not by dollars. Because projects are not allocated dollars, any savings through the purchase process are collected in the overall TAF accounts and used to balance the TAF accounts at the end of the year. Purchases requested past March may not receive funding. The TAF committee revised the allocation process in October 2020. For all the allocation processes, please follow this LINK.
The Committee allocates $4,255,100 among the following seven categories. Any additional dollars are allocated by the Instructional Technology Committee among these seven categories as needed based on university priorities. The TAF budget for the 2019-2020 fiscal year is $4.268 million.
- Category 1 Infrastructure ($400,000)
- Category 2 Repair, Replacement, and Renovation ($954,259)
- Category 3 Recurring Costs ($880,222)
- Category 4 Discipline Specific Equipment ($904,000)
- Category 5 New Master Classrooms / Master Classroom Carts ($438,941)
- Category 6 Open Technology Based Learning Spaces ($200,000)
- Category 7 Enterprise Software ($477,678)
Purchase process for TAF Projects. Click here
Classrooms Specifications If you need an estimate to renovate a space or construct a master classroom, send
an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for equipment estimates and email@example.com for construction estimates.
Link to the list of software available through MTSU site licenses. Most Microsoft projects are available through MTSU's select agreement. Please contact ITD for additional information.