Dance Major Auditions
All prospective Dance Majors must audition to be accepted into the Dance Program. During the audition, prospective majors will be required to take both a ballet and a modern dance technique class taught by MTSU Dance Faculty. To declare the Dance major at MTSU, the prospective student must place into the appropriate level in both ballet and modern dance techniques.
A solo of 90 seconds or less is also required of all prospective dance majors. The solo may be student choreography or part of a work choreographed by someone else. In order to assess both technical ability and learning styles, each 1-hour audition class will be structured as a condensed version of our typical dance technique classes. Auditions will be scheduled two times during the year: in October and in February.
2018 - 2019 Audition Dates (Advance Registration Required):
- Saturday, October 13 @ 1pm
- Monday, February 18 @ 1pm
What to bring:
- Black leotard, pink convertible tights (women)
- White t-shirt, black tights (men)
- Ballet shoes, pointe shoes (optional)
- Bare feet for modern technique
- Solo- appropriate dancewear, no costumes
- Secured hair, no jewelry
AUDITION REGISTRATION: FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW.