STEM Education Program Assistant Position
The Tennessee STEM Education Center (TSEC) at MTSU is looking for students to help with our office and outreach program management, as well as process and organize data collected through STEM education research projects. TSEC's projects span a broad range of Math and Science education topics. Learn more about our Current Grants and Projects.
To apply, fill out an application with unofficial transcript, resume, and cover letter.
Contact Casey Penston, Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Tennessee Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Education Center (TSEC) is a research and outreach arm of MTSU, aimed at improving K-20 STEM education both locally and nationally. The center is collaborative work environment that includes professors, postdocs, graduate and undergraduate students. Students working at TSEC have access to our office facilities, including a fridge, microwave, coffee/tea, and snacks.
- Organize and manage data or records from TSEC events and/or research projects
- Manage reservations and check out of equipment
- Develop and use database structures using online applications (e.g. airtable)
- Data entry, including scanning documents
- Help organize STEM education outreach activities with K-12 students and families
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- All work is done on the MTSU campus in the Fairview building with computers and software provided
- Flexible hours
- Position lasts 2 semesters with extension through summer or additional school years if interested in continuing with related projects
- Able to work at least 8 hours every week
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Ideal candidates are organized, able to work well independently, extremely detail-oriented, and have experience with Excel and Word.
- All majors are welcome
- Pay rate varies depending on experience
- Students with Federal Work-Study allotment for the 2022-2023 academic year are welcome