• New Image Gallery
    Master Classrooms Equipped with State of the Art Technologies
  • New Image Gallery
    Integrating Technology in Teaching & Research
  • New Image Gallery
    New Huddle Stations
    with 42'' LCD Monitors for Small Groups
  • New Image Gallery
    Computer Lab Demo Rooms
  • New Image Gallery
    Student Centered Learning Environment
  • New Image Gallery
    Jennings A. Jones College Of Business

Facebook   Youtube   D2L Link   S-Drive Link        

MTSU ID is required to enter the lab after 10 pm.
University Lab Hours

Mon - Thu 24 hours
  12AM - 10PM
Sat   9AM - 10PM
Sun  1PM - midnight

Spring 2015
Open: Tue, Jan 20th @ 7AM

Scheduled Closings

Spring Break
Close: Fri, Mar 6th @ 10PM
Reopen: Sun, Mar 15th @ 1PM

Close for End of Semester
Thu, May 7th @ 11:59PM

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Who can use the University Computer Lab at BAS?
A. All MTSU students, faculty and staff can use the University Computer Lab at BAS. A valid MTSU ID is required between the hours of 10:00 PM and 7:00 AM, Sunday through Thursday.

Q. Does it cost anything to use the lab?
A. All services are free to the user.

Q. Should I bring my own printer paper?
A. No. The University Computer Lab at BAS provides letter size printer paper to be used with all printers in the lab.

Q. Should I bring my own data storage media?
A. Yes. We strongly recommend that students save their work on their own storage media. Users are strongly advised not to save any files to the lab computer's hard disk; you may loose your work.

Q. Where can I buy storage media?
A. Students can buy jump drives at Phillips Bookstore.

Q. Can the Lab Assistant help me with my project?
A. Lab assistants are instructed to help students with basic computer operations and application software. The lab assistants are instructed not to do individual homework assignments. The professors making the homework assignments should give such instruction.

Q. Can I work as a lab assistant?
A. Yes. Any student can apply to work as a lab assistant. Applications are available online. A set of minimum competencies and training is required of all Lab Assistants.

Q. Can I print my résumé?
A. The computer lab equipment is available for educational use only. Students can develop their résumé; using the lab's equipment. The Placement Office provides résumé printing services for students.

Q. Where can I get an e-mail account?
A. To get an e-mail account you need to contact the Office of Information Technology (OIT) at 2512.

Q. Do I need an e-mail account to access the Internet?
A. No. You can use any lab computer to access Internet services such as the World Wide Web (WWW), File Transfer Protocol (FTP), etc.

Q. Are there other labs on campus?
A. The University Computer Lab at BAS opens Sunday 1:00 PM trough Friday 10:00 PM and Saturday from 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM. However, there other labs that can also be used by faculty and students. For example: The James Walker Library, The Computer Science Computer Lab, The Learning Resources Center (LRC), University Computer Labs at the Instructional Media Resources Center, University Computer Labs at the Instructional Technology Support Center.

We welcome your questions or comments.