Information for the Investigators - FAQ
- Allow a minimum of 4 business days BEFORE you call us regarding the status of your petition
- Please allow at least 2 weeks for protocols to be reviewed AFTER your application is complete
- During the months of September-October and February-March, expect a minimum processing time of 3 weeks
- Investigator responsibilities
- IRB processes
- IRB Submission requirements
- Post approval responsibilities
- Research "excluded" from IRB oversight
- Module 1 - (22:13 min)
- Module 2 - (27:37 min)
- Module 3 - (35:19 min)
- Everything Investigators Want to Know but are Afraid to Ask
Other Informative Links
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
WE APPOLOGIZE THAT INCOMPLETE LINKS TO THE HYPERTEXTS GIVEN BELOW WILL NOT WORK AT THIS TIME. Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- I have a question. How do I contact you?
- What is the role of Institutional Review Board?
- What are the responsibilities of a PI?
- Is IRB approval required?
- Research Conducted by Students:
- I am conducting an oral history study. Do I need IRB approval?
- What are the types of IRB review mechanisms?
- What are the essential details I will need to apply for IRB approval?
- What are the reviewers looking for in my IRB application?
- How do I submit my IRB application?
- What do I need to know about Informed Consent, Parental Consent and Child Assent processes?
- Can I get a waiver to informed consent?
- I want to advertise my study. How to I recruit participants?
- I am working with minors or children
- How do I do research with vulnerable population?
- Working with Pregnant Women (Incomplete) - Federal Code Working with Pregnant Women (Subpart B)
- Working with Prisoners (Incomplete) - Federal Code for Working with Prisoners (Subpart C)
- What are permission letters and why do I need to collect them when enrolling non-MTSU participants?
- Can I conduct my study outside of MTSU?
- Research within US (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)
- Enroll participants outside USA (by physical presence and through social media/online)
- I am collaborating with a non-MTSU researcher. What do I do? (TO BE COMPLETED)
- My survey will be conducted outside of MTSU. Will the MTSU IRB approve this process?
- What are the typical review steps?
- How long does it take to get IRB approval?
- What type of training should I complete?
- How do I conduct my research online?
- How do I respond to the reviewers' comments?
- The reviewer is too unfair/unreasonable - Whom do I complain to?
- What are post approval procedures?
- Does my IRB protocol expire?
- How long is my IRB approval valid for?
- How do I continue my protocol beyond the 1 -year period?
- How do I submit a progress report?
- I wish to make some changes to my IRB protocol. How do I do it? (TO BE COMPLETED)
- I am done with my research. How do I close-out?
- How do I report an ADVERSE EVENT?
- How do I report a COMPLIANCE BREACH?
- Visit the US Department of Health & Human Services Office for Human Research Protections FAQ questions: http://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/faq/index.html
If you have any questions and/or seek further clarification, please do not hesitate to call (615) 898 2400 or email email@example.com