Information for the Investigators - FAQ
- Allow a minimum of 4 business days BEFORE you call us regarding the status of your petition
- Please allow at least 2 weeks for protocols to be reviewed AFTER your application is complete
- During the months of September-October and February-March, expect a minimum processing time of 3 weeks
- Module 1 - (22:13 min)
- Module 2 - (27:37 min)
- Module 3 - (35:19 min)
- Everything Investigators Want to Know but are Afraid to Ask
Other Informative Links
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- I have a question. How do I contact you?
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your question
- What is the role of Institutional Review Board?
- What are the responsibilities of a PI?
- Is IRB approval required?
- Do I need an IRB approval for my CLASS PROJECT?
- I plan to present a poster in the scholars' week. Do I need IRB approval?
- Does my URECA project require IRB oversight?
- I am completing a thesis/dissertation. Do I petition for IRB approval?
- I am conducting an oral history study. Do I need IRB approval?
- What are the types of IRB review mechanisms?
- What are the essential details I will need to apply for IRB approval?
- What are the reviewers looking for in my IRB application?
- How do I submit my IRB application?
- What do I need to know about Informed Consent, Parental Consent and Child Assent processes?
- Can I get a waiver to informed consent?
- I want to advertise my study. How to I recruit participants?
- Recruitment page is under construction. Refer to this link to obtain examples of flyers
- I am working with minors or children
- How do I do research with vulnerable population?
- What are permission letters and why do I need to collect them? (TO BE COMPLETED)
- Can I conduct my study outside of MTSU? (TO BE COMPLETED)
- I am collaborating with a non-MTSU researcher. What do I do? (TO BE COMPLETED)
- My survey will be conducted outside of MTSU. Will the MTSU IRB approve this process? (TO BE COMPLETED)
- What are the typical review steps?
- How long does it take to get IRB approval?
- What type of training should I complete?
- How do I respond to the reviewers' comments?
- The reviewer is too unfair/unreasonable - Whom do I complain to?
- What are post approval procedures?
- Does my IRB protocol expire?
- How long is my IRB approval valid for?
- How do I continue my protocol beyond the 1 -year period?
- How do I submit a progress report?
- I wish to make some changes to my IRB protocol. How do I do it?
- I am done with my research. How do I close-out?
- HOW DO I REPORT AN ADVERSE EVENT?
- HOW DO I REPORT A COMPLIANCE BREACH?
- See the US Department of Health & Human Services Office for Human Research Protections FAQ questions: http://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/faq/index.html
If you have any questions and/or seek further clarification, please do not hesitate to call (615) 898 2400 or e-mail email@example.com