Charge and Composition
The Enterprise Compliance and Risk Management Committee's ("ECRMC" or "Committee") charge is to promote and support the University's mission and community standards through the advancement of ethics and risk management programming, monitoring, and testing for the prevention of fraud, waste, and abuse of state resources in alignment with MTSU’s internal control system and Compliance Plan, as well as in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. The Committee additionally aligns with the elements of an effective Compliance Program as set forth by the United States Sentencing Commission's Guidelines (U.S. Sentencing Comm'n, Guidelines § 8B2.1); the Department of Justice's Filip Factors; and the State of Tennessee's Risk Management Department within its Division of Finance and Administration.
The Committee is comprised of:
- two faculty representatives, one of whom should be a member of the graduate faculty;
- one attorney from the Office of University Counsel;
- one administrator from the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs;
- one administrator from the Division of Student Affairs;
- one administrator from the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance;
- at least one administrator from the Division of Academic Affairs;
- one administrator from Human Resources;
- one administrator from the Information Technology Division;
- at least one administrator from the Athletics department;
- one administrator from Campus Planning;
- one administrator from Facilities Services or the Office of Environmental Health and Safety;
- one administrator from the Division for Business and Finance;
- one officer or administrator from the University Police; and
- one administrator from the Office of Audit and Consulting Services.
The chair of the Committee shall be the Assistant Vice-President for Compliance and Enterprise Risk Management. The Committee shall maintain meeting minutes and other documentation, as necessary. The Committee shall meet at least twice annually. A schedule of meeting dates also will be posted on the Office of Compliance and Enterprise Risk Management's webpage.