Director of Construction
|Company Name||Encompass Land Group|
|Date Posted||Mar 19, 2019|
Overview: Direct and manage all aspects of construction during the development process to best utilize resources in a cost-effective manner and maintain project timelines. Shall include management of sub-contractors, quality control, collaboration to create project schedules, execution of approved plans per project schedule, scheduling needed inspections, and management of sites through completion.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist Director of Finance with forecasting budgets for potential project sites.
- Assist Director of Development with coordination of due diligence of project sites as needed.
- Assist directors with review of construction plans as they are developed for new sites and phases and assist in reviewing potential sub-contractors and material suppliers to execute plans in the most profitable manner.
- Create reporting to update directors on project site progress and completion timelines.
- Report to director of finance to manage accurate billing approvals for all work done on project sites and manage all necessary change orders in a manner to keep projects on budget.
- Create relationships with utility and municipality inspectors to insure all inspections needed are completed as soon as possible and manage all site needs for recording of final plats.
- Manage and oversee construction of amenities and open space areas as well as the overall condition and appearance of the project sites through completion.
- Coordinate and work to problem solve for any site-based issues such as undercutting, soil overburdens, needed importing of fill, and site materials in a manner to benefit profitability.
- Visit project sites daily to insure all aspects of the projects are progressing in a manner to stay on schedule and budget.
Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering (Preferred)
- 2+ years of construction management experience
- Detailed Oriented
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. Job Type: Full-time
*if interested you can apply by sending a resume to Greg Templeton at email@example.com