Employment and Employers
MTSU’s Transition Home Center assists students with all aspects of the career decision-making and job search processes. Mr. Chris Rochelle is our Veterans Employer Search Agent (ESA). The ESA has two functions: Initiate and maintain corporate relationships that provide employment opportunities for our student veterans and family members. Coach, train, and mentor our veterans/family members throughout their career search to ensure they find rewarding careers in which they can grow personally and professionally.
Chris can help you:
- Create a targeted resume and cover letter
- Prepare you for your interview
- Assist in developing your professional network
- Provide guidance on how to become more marketable
- Advise you on available employment opportunities
Contact Me!Chris Rochelle
How does the ESA assist in getting you employed? The process is simple:
- ESA meets corporations to discover their employee needs and their hiring process
- ESA analyzes available positions and create “best matches” with our student veteran/family member population
- Veteran applies in the normal process and then sends confirmation to ESA
- ESA contacts corporate HR office and informs them that one of our veterans has applied for a specific position
- HR authority can then pull that application for review
- ESA communicates with HR throughout the interview process
Employers interested in collaborating with the Daniels Veteran Center should contact Chris directly. Some ways to support our mission and gain access to our student-veteran population:
- Host career preparedness training session (resumes, networking, interview skills, etc.)
- Attend Daniels Center events
- Participate in the student mentorship program
- Host student veterans at your facility for a “field trip"
A good research tool is the Occupational Outlook Handbook from the Bureau of Labor and Statistics. This will give you a great overview of career paths and their future.