Scholars Week 2021: April 12-16
*More details coming soon!
Scholars Week is a weeklong tradition during which MTSU's academic colleges celebrate
scholarship, research, and creative activity through a variety of events and activities.
Scholars Week 2021 activities will be a motley of hybrid offerings due to COVID-19
restrictions. Due to the potential for a change in university guidelines, please check
back periodically for updated information.
Many of MTSU's academic colleges host their own Scholars Week events and competitions. For registration deadlines and more information, please see the full Schedule of Events.
The event is free and open to the public.
All attendees must pre-register and will be allowed admission only during their confirmed time slot.
Registration Link - Coming Soon
All attending will receive an MT Connection Point button and presenters will be given a Scholars Week tumbler.
Important Dates for Scholars Week 2021
- Abstract submission for the University-Wide Research and Creative Activity Exposition
is now open. Click HERE for abstract submission instructions.
Need help writing an abstract? Then join us for our upcoming Abstract Writing Workshops! Click HERE for workshop info.
- Deadline for abstract submissions: March 15, 11:59 pm
- Committee will email notices of acceptance: March 19
- Symposium* sign-ups begin (all presenters): March 19
- Poster printing online sign-up opens (in-person presenters only): March 19 Click HERE for poster guidelines and free printing instructions.
- Poster printing and pick-up (in-person presenters only): March 22 - April 14 (pick-up dates will vary, a notice will be emailed to presenters)
- Deadline to upload posters to Symposium* (all presenters): April 5
- Symposium* goes live for all presenters: April 12-23
- In-person Poster Exposition: April 16, Student Union Ballroom (2nd floor)
*What is Symposium?
Scholars Week 2021, in conjunction with the in-person poster symposium, will be hosted digitally via an engaging virtual platform called Symposium. Symposium will showcase all Scholars Week academic posters and student presentations, along with the ability for viewers to post comments and questions related to individual projects. Using synchronously technology Symposium will allow viewers to livestream creative performances, live in-person symposium interviews, and the awards ceremony.
2020 Scholars Week
2020 Scholars Week
March 30-April 3, 2020
Scholars Week is a weeklong tradition during which MTSU's academic colleges celebrate scholarship, research and creative activity through a variety of events and activities. While the on-campus events had to be canceled due to COVID-19, were excited to announce that the Poster and Creative Activity Exposition had been moved online!
View our students' posters and creative submissions
Important Dates for Scholars Week 2020
- Poster abstract submission form opens: November 18, 2019
- Deadline for poster abstract submissions: March 3, 2020
- Committee will email notices of acceptance: March 9, 2020
- Poster Exposition: April 3, 2020, 12:40 - 3:00 p.m., Student Union Ballroom (2nd floor) - CANCELED