Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) Resources
Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) is the award-winning research platform and business intelligence tool for over 30,000 corporate, academic, government and nonprofit clients at over 375 institutions in 33 countries. WRDS provides the user with one location to access over 200 terabytes of data across multiple disciplines including Accounting, Banking, Economics, Finance, ESG, and Statistics. Flexible data delivery options include a powerful web query method that reduces research time. WRDS provides access to Compustat and CRSP as well as other important business research databases.
WRDS is available to all our faculty, staff and students.
WRDS Account Registration Checklist
- Create your WRDS account at https://wrds-web.wharton.upenn.edu/
- Select "Register" and enter all the required information.
- You will receive an email with further instructions.
- You can use WRDS from any computer with Internet access.
WRDS Data Sources Checklist
We currently have access to the following data sources:
- Audit Analytics (ACTG)
- Bank Regulatory
- CBOE (Chicago Board Options Exchange) Indexes
- COMPUSTAT Bank
- COMPUSTAT North America -monthly update (current + historical data)
- COMPUSTAT Historical Segments
- CRSP Stock Annual
- CUSIP Master
- DMEF Academic Data
- Dow Jones Averages and Total Return Indexes
- Direct Marketing Educational Foundation
- SEC Disclosure of Order Execution Statistics
- FDIC Call Report
- FAMA French & Liquidity Factors
- Federal Reserve Board Foreign Exchange Rates, Interest Rates, State Composite Indexes
- Penn World Tables
- PHLX Philadelphia Stock Exchange Currency Options and Implied Volatility
- SEC Order Execution
WRDS Support FAQs
There is a well organized forum with many support and research topics available here.
If you have any questions, issues, or have specific questions about this service, please contact email@example.com.