CHHS Student Internship Program
The Center for Health and Human Services is pleased to offer an internship program which pairs students in health and human services disciplines with meaningful learning opportunities. Students are paired with projects and grants administered through the Center as well as with internship opportunities with our community partners. Internships require commitments of 360 – 400 hours depending on the requirements of your program of study. The internship must be coordinated through an academic unit and students must be enrolled for credit in that unit. Internships are unpaid and are offered year-round.
Why participate in an internship program?
It’s a great opportunity to
- Gain hands-on experience that may be useful for future employment or volunteer opportunities;
- Practice what is learned in the classroom in a real-world setting;
- Learn new skills;
- Meet professionals in your field of study;
- Engage with an assigned mentor who will help you learn and grow professionally;
- ·Receive a letter of recommendation for future employers;
- Currently enrolled as undergraduate or graduate student;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- With some projects, ability to travel locally and throughout the state on a limited basis;
- Computer experience including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Good organizational skills and ability to focus on details;
- Professional demeanor and appearance;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Self-directed and able to work well independently;
- Must have valid driver’s license and transportation;
If you are a STUDENT and interested in our internship program, please complete an application form, student agreement form, non-disclosure form, and submit along with a current resume or curriculum vitae to email@example.com. The forms are below as well as job descriptions for opportunities available in the coming semester(s).
Forms Needed to Apply:
Fall 2023/Spring 2024 Application Form
Fall 2023/Spring 2024 Agreement Form
Internship Opportunities - Descriptions:
Please note that submission of an application does not guarantee that a student will be successfully placed in an internship with the Center. We frequently have more students than available projects and the selection process is competitive. Students are encouraged to apply early (i.e., early in the semester before an internship is desired) if possible. Applications are accepted year-round.
Internship Manual - For Students Accepted into the CHHS Internship Program: