Welcome to CUSTOMS
What is CUSTOMS?
CUSTOMS is the Middle Tennessee State University new student orientation program. CUSTOMS helps new undergraduate students make the transition into the university; prepares new students for MTSU's educational opportunities; and initiates the integration of new students into the intellectual, cultural, and social climate of the institution. In a nutshell, CUSTOMS shows new students the ropes on being a student at MTSU.
What is My Group (Country) Name?
CUSTOMS is the theme of the orientation program. The theme goes along with the process as you leave and enter a new country and go through customs.The new students are grouped together by majors for advising purposes, and we use country names to identify these groups. When you sign up for CUSTOMS, you will be notified of the date you have been assigned and the name of the country in which you are grouped.
CUSTOMS is designed a little differently for each type of new student. Please select your classification on the left menu bar to begin your CUSTOMS journey!
Spring 2021 CUSTOMS Sign Up
Follow these steps for CUSTOMS Sign up
- Login to PipelineMT.
- Enter your PipelineMT Username and Password
- If you have not set up your PIpelineMT username and password, or have forgotten it, click below the Login box and you will be given instructions of how to set up or change it
- Once logged in to PipelineMT- click on the CUSTOMS Orientation Sign Up Box
- You can begin the signup process by clicking HERE.
- Pick the CUSTOMS date that will allow you to participate virtually on that date. Presentations, group meetings, academic advising and registration will take place on the CUSTOMS date(s).
- When you sign up for a CUSTOMS date, your link for CUSTOMS Online will be sent by
- CUSTOMS Online must be completed at least 4 days PRIOR to your CUSTOMS session date, but we encourage you to complete it immediately. It will take approximately one hour, but you can leave and return where you left the program if needed.
- When CUSTOMS Online is COMPLETE, your academic advisor will be notified and will begin to prepare for your advising process on the actual CUSTOMS session date. You will receive additional communication from your academic advising center closer to your selected CUSTOMS session date.
- CHECK YOUR EMAIL often. Reminders and communication about all aspects of CUSTOMS and your enrollment at MTSU will be sent to your MTMail.