Admission to Teacher Education Program (ATE)
Students who wish to prepare themselves for careers as teachers must make formal application for admission to the Teacher Education Program.
If you are unsure of which requirements you need to follow, please check with your academic advisor.
Elementary Ed, Early Childhood, Middle Grades, Special Education and Secondary Education
- In order to obtain full admission to the program, you must complete all requirements for admission.
- There is are no application deadlines.
- Click here to view Admission Requirements
AST Degree Receipents: In order to complete full admission to the Teacher Education Program at Middle Tennessee State students must show proof of having been awarded the AST Degree as well as submit proof of your test scores along with official application.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FROM OUTSIDE AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. THE BACKGROUND CHECK MUST BE COMPLETED THROUGH THE Office of Professional Laboratory Experiences—NO EXCEPTIONS.
Job Embedded Clinical Practice
Candidates applying for the Practitioner license job-embedded path must meet the following requirements:
- Job Embedded students, the GPA requirement is 2.75 Inclusive from a completed baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate degree program or a 3.00 GPA in the most recent sixty (60) credit hours earned at a regionally accredited IHE.
- Reference forms: Two reference forms specifically recommending admission to teacher education (MTSU rating form). (Download Form Below)
- Test Score: Acceptable test scores on one of the following:
Note: Beginning June 1, 2019, all Secondary Job-Embedded candidates must enroll in the M.Ed. Curriculum & Instruction ( Licensure Specialization) Program.
Note: Undergraduate Students will not be able to register for or obtain permits for any upper division classes until they are fully admitted to the Teacher Education Program. A Pre-Req/Test code error will be given during registration to those who have not been fully admitted.