Frequently Asked Questions



How do I get a receipt for my donation?

At the end of your online pledge, you will receive an email that will serve as confirmation of your pledge.

I'm having trouble reading the brochure because the text is too small. How can I make the text bigger?

While viewing the brochure, right-click your mouse on any part of the text. This will display a menu. Select "Marquee Zoom" from this menu, then left click your mouse on the brochure. Each time you click, the brochure will get larger and more readable. Press the "Esc" key when the text is as large as you need it to be.

Do I have to fill out the pledge form on-line?

Yes, our Employee Giving Campaign will be administered solely online. Please see your team captain for assistance with accessing the online pledge form.

Can I just send a check made out to my chosen charity?

Yes, donations can be made with a personal check made payable to your chosen charity. Please send your check to Allison McGoffin at CAB 110, and she will forward to the charity.

Can I make a one-time payroll deduction?

Yes, you have the option on the donor form to give a one time gift that will be deducted on your January 2023 payroll check.

Can I give using credit card or direct billing?

It is not possible to offer credit card processing. Donations must be made via payroll deduction or with a personal check.

Do I have to spread my monthly deductions over the entire year, or can I just specify the number of months for the deduction to be made?

Yes, deductions have to be spread over the 12 month period. However, you have the option of doing a one-time donation in the month of January.

What if I want to be acknowledged by the organization to which I'm donating?

You will be acknowledged by indicating that desire on the donor form and by including your name and mailing address.

Why must I designate my pledge?

Because there is more than one agency receiving funds from the Charitable Campaign, you need to indicate what organization(s) should receive your pledge. You may choose from one of the groups of charities, e.g. Community Shares, or you may specify individual charities within any of the larger charitable groups, such as Creating Healthier Communities.

Can I contribute to a charity that does not appear on any of the lists in the donor form?

If you cannot find another charity that performs a similar role, you can send a check made out to your charity and send it to Allison McGoffin, CAB 110, and she will send it to the charity.

Will the donations I made this year continue into next year?

No, donations pledged for the current calendar year will not automatically continue into the new year. Each year you are given an opportunity to change your contributions or to renew an existing one by submitting a new pledge form. Therefore, you should submit a new form for the upcoming calendar year.

Why are some of the agencies that I donated to last year not on this year's list?

Only those agencies which have a current 501(c)(3) status as a non-profit organization from the state are included on the lists of charitable organizations available this year. This means that some agencies which have been chosen in the past for donations are not available for donations in this year's campaign. 

What if I have additional questions?

If you have any questions not addressed in this list, please direct those questions to Allison McGoffin at 898-2953.