Students who are enrolled in Junior Recital or Senior Recital may schedule their degree recital in Hinton Hall.
Step 1: Complete the Hinton Recital Approval Form. (Required for Degree recitals)
Step 2: Submit the completed recital approval form to Todd Seage in WMB 150.
Step 3: Work with your applied instructor to prepare your program draft. Be sure to follow the Concert Program Procedures.
Student Recital Hour
Students who would like to perform on the Tuesday Student Recital Hour must submit the Student Recital Hour Form at least one week prior to the performance date requested.
Request Facilities in the School of Music
- TUTORING: Book a Music Theory Tutoring session
- Class Piano Information
- Large Ensemble Audition Information
- Jury Sheets
- Brass Jury Back (PDF)
- Wind Instrument Checkout Form - Please fill out online before printing.
- String Instrument Checkout Form
- Waiver of Liability
The Middle Tennessee State University School of Music is committed to the health, safety, and well-being of all musicians who participate in academic or performance related activities. We makes a comprehensive effort to proactively educate, assist, and protect all students, staff, faculty, and guests in health-related issues. For musicians, this includes:
- Healthy approaches to private lessons and ensemble rehearsals that include appropriate technical exercises and clear information regarding the safe utilization of the muscles and bones associated with specific music production.
- Facilities and equipment that are safe and instruction on proper handling of all equipment or instruments.
- Consideration of volume levels in practice and performance spaces, with acoustical treatments for sonic mediation as needed for hearing protection.
- Rigorous academic and performance curricula with clear expectations within an affirming environment to help ensure student success.
- Genuine concern for the wellbeing and equality of each individual, regardless of gender, race, creed, nationality, religious affiliation, or sexual preference.
- While the MTSU School of Music strives to foster and maintain healthy practices and environments, the faculty, and staff are not trained medical professionals. When appropriate, referrals will be made to appropriate MTSU staff or faculty, or to highly trained professionals off campus.